The McMaster Anthropology Society, or MAS, is a recognized and funded club at McMaster University, and it is our responsibility and mission to provide anthropology students at McMaster with the opportunities and tools they need to engage the anthropological community at Mac.
Some of our annual events include:
- Meet the Department, where students can meet the faculty in an informal setting
- Careers Night, where presentations and Q&A sessions are held about careers in anthropology outside of the academic world
- Field School and Grad School Info Nights, where students can learn about opportunities for hands on learning in the field and applying for MA and PhD programs
- Undergraduate Research Symposium, where undergrad students have a chance to present some of their original work to faculty and peers and have their work published
- Social events that allow students to get involved in the community and get to know their peers
- And much more!
We are currently floating around campus, waving in the anthropological wind. While it makes for a great metaphor, it can make us a little difficult to get a hold of.
We have weekly meetings held in the archaeology lab in Kenneth Taylor Hall, room B122, on Thursdays at 2:30pm. Everyone is welcome to come, hear what’s going on, and contribute!
Check out our McMaster website for more information about our faculty:
Our anthropology mentors:
Or even learn more about our grad students and their anthropology experiences at McMaster:
If you still want more details on the MAS and meetings aren’t your style, we can be reached through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For one step closer to our technological side, give our Facebook page a like. You can find it at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MacAnthro/
And if you’re one to pen letters by candle light, it would seem we have a mailing address.
McMaster Anthropology Society
Chester New Hall Rm. 524
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada